Full Unicode Display
Ken Blake
2024-04-18 14:07:12 UTC
I think it was in this newsgroup that someone pointed to
https://alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.narkive.com/uWjDfC79/unicode-how-to-full-unicode-display-in-agent-s-message-body-pane
a few days ago.

I did that, but the results are now worse than they were before. For
example, in a message I see

    If you’ve set up 2-Step Verification but can’t find
the option to     add an app password, it might be because:

Can someone either tell me how to fix it or to to undo what that page
had me do and go back to the way it was before?
pyotr filipivich
2024-04-18 15:36:45 UTC
Post by Ken Blake
I think it was in this newsgroup that someone pointed to
https://alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.narkive.com/uWjDfC79/unicode-how-to-full-unicode-display-in-agent-s-message-body-pane
a few days ago.
I did that, but the results are now worse than they were before. For
example, in a message I see
    If you’ve set up 2-Step Verification but can’t find
Can someone either tell me how to fix it or to to undo what that page
had me do and go back to the way it was before?
control R seems to toggle between modes
--
pyotr filipivich
This Week's Panel: Us & Them - Eliminating Them.
Selecting who insufficiently Woke(tm) as to serve as the new Them(tm)
Ken Blake
Yes, it does. Thank you very much.
Ken Blake
2024-04-26 14:31:22 UTC
Post by pyotr filipivich
Post by Ken Blake
I think it was in this newsgroup that someone pointed to
https://alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.narkive.com/uWjDfC79/unicode-how-to-full-unicode-display-in-agent-s-message-body-pane
a few days ago.
I did that, but the results are now worse than they were before. For
example, in a message I see
????????If you???ve set up 2-Step Verification but can???t find
Can someone either tell me how to fix it or to to undo what that page
had me do and go back to the way it was before?
control R seems to toggle between modes
Yes, it does. Thank you very much.
The problem hasn't completely gone away. Some things are better, some
are worse. Any suggestions on how to completely undo what
did?
Ralph Fox
2024-04-26 18:50:10 UTC
Post by Ken Blake
The problem hasn't completely gone away. Some things are better, some
are worse. Any suggestions on how to completely undo what
https://alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.narkive.com/uWjDfC79/unicode-how-to-full-unicode-display-in-agent-s-message-body-pane
did?
Go to "Tools >> Options >> Languages".

Provided you followed the instructions in
<https://alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.narkive.com/uWjDfC79/unicode-how-to-full-unicode-display-in-agent-s-message-body-pane>,
thee should be at least two languages listed:
i) "English (American)", which came installed with Agent;
ii) "Unicode UTF-8 (English)", which you added in step 3.2 of the
instructions.

Check that this is correct.

If this is correct, then to completely undo what those instructions
did...

 1.  Delete the language "Unicode UTF-8 (English)" which
     you added in step 3.2 of those instructions.

     Do _not_ delete the language "English (American)" which came
     installed with Agent.

     Deleting the language "Unicode UTF-8 (English)" will also delete
     the configuration changes which you made to this language and its
     font settings in steps 3.2, 3.3, and 3.4.

 2.  Remove the file "cp65001.cod" from the Agent program folder,
     which you put there in step 3.1.

 3.  Restart Agent.
--
Kind regards
Ralph Fox

He that goes a borrowing goes a sorrowing.
Ken Blake
2024-04-26 23:21:31 UTC
Post by Ralph Fox
Post by Ken Blake
[...]
Done. Thanks very much. It seems much better now.