Agent v8 Startup Error
Anthony R. Gold
2020-03-05 16:31:23 UTC
Today when someone opened Agent 8.00/32.1272 it gave this error message:

Attempt to set DateTime to invalid date/time.

The computer's clock and date are set correctly. How best to recover from
this situation?
KenW
2020-03-05 18:05:02 UTC
On Thu, 05 Mar 2020 11:31:23 -0500, "Anthony R. Gold"
Post by Anthony R. Gold
Attempt to set DateTime to invalid date/time.
The computer's clock and date are set correctly. How best to recover from
this situation?
AM - PM ?

KenW
Anthony R. Gold
24 hour (sync'ed by NTP to time.google.com).
Ralph Fox
2020-03-06 07:13:17 UTC
Post by Anthony R. Gold
Attempt to set DateTime to invalid date/time.
The computer's clock and date are set correctly. How best to recover from
this situation?
See this thread:
<https://alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.narkive.com/ckQDzqbx/what-causes-invalid-date-time>
--
Kind regards
Ralph

Hafa a soð to syge, þonne þu secge hwæt.
Anthony R. Gold
2024-05-29 18:23:30 UTC
Post by Ralph Fox
Post by Anthony R. Gold
Attempt to set DateTime to invalid date/time.
The computer's clock and date are set correctly. How best to recover from
this situation?
<https://alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.narkive.com/ckQDzqbx/what-causes-invalid-date-time>
Someone has that same "Attempt to set DateTime to invalid date/time" startup
error message, but this time the classic response of changing the
ReturnToMessage value in file agent.ini to zero is not available because it
was already set to zero.

What else might be available to skip past that startup error?
Ralph Fox
2024-06-14 00:34:56 UTC
Post by Anthony R. Gold
Post by Ralph Fox
Post by Anthony R. Gold
Attempt to set DateTime to invalid date/time.
The computer's clock and date are set correctly. How best to recover from
this situation?
<https://alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.narkive.com/ckQDzqbx/what-causes-invalid-date-time>
Someone has that same "Attempt to set DateTime to invalid date/time" startup
error message, but this time the classic response of changing the
ReturnToMessage value in file agent.ini to zero is not available because it
was already set to zero.
What else might be available to skip past that startup error?
Can you _and_ this 'someone' _both_ confirm that the error message
is from Agent version 8.00/32.1272 ?

The reason I ask is that:

1. You appear to be the only person reporting this error for
any version of Agent later than Agent version 2.0.

2. What else might be available is likely to depend on which
version of Agent your 'someone' is using.

I found 9 threads in this newsgroup about the error "Attempt to set
DateTime to invalid date/time". Two threads started by you, and
seven threads started by other people.

All seven of the other seven threads are for old versions of Agent;
nothing newer than Agent version 2.0.
--
Kind regards
Ralph Fox

Truth finds foes where it makes none.
lisa
Date: Wed, 29 May 2024 14:23:30 -0400

starting with this text :

Using Agent 2.0 I frequently wish to use Post / Forward Verbatim to
*******

Most likely the sender isn't using the latest Agent version.
Ralph Fox
Date: Wed, 29 May 2024 14:23:30 -0400
Using Agent 2.0 I frequently wish to use Post / Forward Verbatim to
*******
Noted, thank you.
But the post starting with this text has the headers below, not the
headers above.

*******
Subject: Failure to Forward Certain Emails Verbatim
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 09:44:49 -0500
*******

REF: <https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4692&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4692>
REF: <https://alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.narkive.com/F5YcKyVd>

I'll not change a cottage in possession for a kingdome in reversion.
lisa
2024-06-14 10:06:54 UTC
Sorry Ralph and other reades of this group

grrr,
copied the information from the wrong post
Should be :

From: "Anthony R. Gold" <not-for-***@ahjg.co.uk>
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 09:44:49 -0500

starting with the text

Using Agent 2.0 I frequently wish to use Post / Forward Verbatim