How to enable Megajoin
Donald
2024-06-02 00:15:50 UTC
I'm not a big Usenet user but I ran across something from the forte website
called Megajoin. I know what it's supposed to do but I don't see where to enable
it. I watched a video from Forte on the wayback machine and it mentioned
enabling it. I don't see that in any of the options in Agent 8, but I might have
missed it.

Where in Agent 8.x do we enable Megajoin?

Thanks!!!

Donald

Ralph Fox
2024-06-02 02:49:59 UTC
Post by Donald
I'm not a big Usenet user but I ran across something from the forte website
called Megajoin. I know what it's supposed to do but I don't see where to enable
it. I watched a video from Forte on the wayback machine and it mentioned
enabling it. I don't see that in any of the options in Agent 8, but I might have
missed it.
Where in Agent 8.x do we enable Megajoin?
Thanks!!!
Donald
Folder >> Default Properties >> Receiving Messages >> Usenet Archives

... which can be overridden for individual folders at ...

(*select folder*) >> Folder >> Properties >> Receiving Messages >> Usenet Archives

... or overridden for all folders in a "folder scheme" (e.g. "Binary Newsgroups") at ...

Folder >> Property Schemes >> (*select scheme*) >> Receiving Messages >> Usenet Archives

A MegaJoin post looks different to a 'normal' joined binary post before the body is downloaded.
Here is an example

(a) Example: join, but not a MegaJoin --> <Loading Image...>
(b) Example: a MegaJoin -–---------–-–-–> <Loading Image...>
--
Kind regards
Ralph Fox

Health is better then wealth.
Donald
2024-06-06 02:28:28 UTC
Thanks, Ralph!

Looks like it's the default selection since it's checked and I never checked
that option.