Agent time display
B***@13of9.com
2022-12-14 20:01:33 UTC
Is there a setting hidden somewhere that will allow Agent to display times in
24-hr format?

Not mission critical. Just idle thoughts.

Thanks!
KenW
2022-12-14 20:10:24 UTC
Post by B***@13of9.com
Is there a setting hidden somewhere that will allow Agent to display times in
24-hr format?
Not mission critical. Just idle thoughts.
Thanks!
Couple settings in Agent.ini

KenW
B***@13of9.com
Thanks. I thought there might be but when I looked nothing jumped out at me.
KenW

KenW
Ralph Fox
2022-12-15 08:01:56 UTC
Post by B***@13of9.com
Is there a setting hidden somewhere that will allow Agent to display times in
24-hr format?
Not mission critical. Just idle thoughts.
Thanks!
In your operating system, set the setting below to 24-hr. Then restart Agent.

[Win XP] Control Panel >> Region and Language >> Regional Options >> Customize >> Time >> Time format
[Win 7] Control Panel >> Region and Language >> Formats >> Long Time
[Win 10] Control Panel >> Region >> Formats >> Long Time
[Win 11] Settings >> Time & Language >> Language & Region >> Regional Format >> Change Formats >> Long Time

And no, Agent does not read the "Long Time" format even while Agent displays short time.
Agent reads a different 12-hr/24-hr setting, one which existed back in Windows 3.1.
These days, to update that other setting you set the "Long Time" format in Windows and
Windows will automatically set the other setting which Agent reads.
--
Kind regards
Ralph

B***@13of9.com
2022-12-15 15:31:57 UTC
Post by Ralph Fox
Post by B***@13of9.com
[...]
Thank you, Ralph.

I have been on the 24-hour clock since way back in XP days.
When I installed Windows 11 I thought I had set everything to 24-hours but I
guess I just missed that one setting. :(

Thanks again!
Ralph Fox
2022-12-15 18:36:44 UTC
I have been on the 24-hour clock since way back, too.
The Horny Goat
2023-11-27 07:23:36 UTC
Now is your version of time set in Windows or in Agent itself??
Ralph Fox
2023-11-27 09:17:38 UTC
Post by The Horny Goat
Post by Ralph Fox
Post by B***@13of9.com
I have been on the 24-hour clock since way back in XP days.
I have been on the 24-hour clock since way back, too.
Now is your version of time set in Windows or in Agent itself??
My Agent does not have its own time format settings. My Agent reads
the time format settings from Windows.

The catch is that Agent reads some time format settings which were
used back in Windows 3.x/9x. In theory current versions of Windows
should also update legacy Windows 3.x/9x settings when you set the
time format in Windows. If this has not happened, you may see
a time format in Agent which does not match your Windows settings.
--
Kind regards
Ralph Fox

Æghwæt forealdað þæs þe ece ne byð.